The independent insurance agency
SIAA is dedicated to the creation, retention, and evolution of the independent insurance agency distribution system.
Access to Training & Learning Center
SIAA’s foremost priority to its independent insurance agency members is to provide the necessary tools and resources to increase income, enhance agency value, and compete with the biggest and the best.
Business Insurance Advantage (BIA) = Proven Results
Would you like to write more small business insurance? The Business Insurance Advantage (BIA) program was created by SIAA to help you grow your small commercial book of business. Participants of the virtual training program are assigned a BIA mentor/instructor who will lead them through the proven self-study process – utilizing SIAA resources – education, training, marketing, and carrier access to efficiently grow a profitable small commercial book of business.
Access to Skills Training
The SIAA Training & Learning Center (TLC) delivers relevant and practical courses exclusively to SIAA Member Agencies and their staff. Content is selected and developed specifically with SIAA Member Agencies in mind.
- Online learning available 24/7
- CE credits
- Preparing member agencies for the changing insurance industry and consumer buying habits
Mentoring & Coaching
Bringing it all together…and taking it to the next level!
The Agency Foundation is a consultative program focused on mentoring, consulting, automation, education, and training designed to assist you in building your agency from the “foundation” – up.
The steps to building your Agency Foundation:
- AccessPlus mentor - Coaching you in the first 90 days on rating tools, underwriting guidelines, and writing new business
- Agency Development Field Specialist - Helping you in the development of your agency during the first six months to get you up and running by working through checklists and ensuring what you learn is applied to your agency through various communications – in person, phone, webinar, and online meetings
- Agency Checklist - Guiding you through the first 8 weeks of Agency Foundation, you’ll learn about systems, processes, sales, and marketing offered through SIAA
- Steps to setting up an independent agency - A document to walk you through the “little” things you need to know to get started with help from your consultant
- Agency processes and procedures
- Rating, management systems, and website - Offering you multiple industry-leading companies to increase your agency’s productivity and business
- SIAA Marketing - SIAA’s exclusive marketing and advertising division dedicated to supporting all levels of SIAA member agencies and initiatives
- Training & Learning Center - Courses designed specifically for SIAA members who are new to the independent agency system
The concept of the SIAA alliance began in 1983 with the creation of the first Master Agency – Satellite Agency Network Group (SAN Group). Smaller independent agencies kept running into roadblocks because of their size, specifically, low commissions, and access to competitive companies. The idea was to create a Master Agency to provide company access and other services to help grow these agencies – profitably.
After a group of independent agencies signed on, the master agency was appointed by its first Strategic Partner Company, which saw the potential of the model, and SAN was off and running.
With interest from agencies throughout New England, SAN grew quickly as a regional alliance. Local agents found they could remain independent, concentrate on producing profitable business and take advantage of the opportunities usually only afforded to larger agencies producing significant volumes of business.
By the mid-’90s, SAN Group had grown successfully in membership and written premium, giving smaller member agencies an opportunity to get company appointments and to grow. Insurance executives and consultants encouraged SAN Group to repeat this success on a national basis.
In 1995, the national alliance – SIAA (Strategic Insurance Agency Alliance) – was born. The multi-level partnering model of SAN was recreated in geographic markets across the nation. Today, SIAA has a well-established alliance of 48 master agencies covering all 50 United States.